Expectations: Entrepreneurship in Computing and Software Systems

     My expectations for the class: "T INST 475 A Wi 21: Entrepreneurship In Computing And Software Systems" can be broken down into the categories of my or the student's expectations, the expectations I have for any teacher in general, and my expectations for this specific class.

    My expectations for myself or any student are as follows: come to class prepared, get assignments in on time, be respectful and mindful of both your peers and your professor, be on time, finally ask questions when you are confused or when you do not understand the directions, material, assignment, or what is required of you, and lastly that no work is plagiarized. When it comes to being prepared, being on time, and submitting assignments if for some reason the student in question can not fulfill this it is an expectation that they will communicate this with the professor as soon as possible and try to find a workable solution.

    My expectations for any professor is to: come prepared to class, respond to emails within one to two business days, be respectful and mindful of students, be flexible in the understanding that emergencies happen, willing to compromise to an extent with students, provide advice for students about how to improve a grade or work on a given assignment for future use, have clear and concise directions, answer questions to the best of your ability and if you don't know the answer to given question research it and get back to the student, grade assignments quizzes and tests in a reasonable amount of time, offer office hours, give feedback on assignments. The most important expectation I have for a teacher is that they do not require students to do anything that they aren't willing to do themselves. This does not mean they have to do all of the assignments it is more about the types of assignments. These are my basic expectations for a teacher in any given class I have.

    When it comes to my expectations for this specific class they are a lot vaguer as, to be honest, I am not completely sure what this class is or what I will learn. One expectation for this class is that I learn the basics of the steps to starting your own business, I also expect for my teacher to have started at least one business in their life, on top of that I expect to learn how to find business opportunities, learn some basic business ethics and or tips, learn ways to research business ideas and how to put together financial information about a company proposition and the market or economy in general.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Reflection Sandwich

Costs, the Price Tag

Dot-Com to Dot-Bomb